Weird php session behaviour

I am creating a nice webapplication for my volleybal club and it is progressing nice. Yesterday I deployed a new version on the server and experienced weird php session behaviour. Although I am primarily developing in .net I really love experimenting with other environments I really had to post this here.

The application worked perfect on my local dev box. A nice vmware windows 2003 install with xampp installed. The isp server is running linux. It seemed that there was a difference in some php settings. The setting that was causing havoc was “register_globals”. Well knowing which settings was incorrect didn’t bring the solution in sight. How was I able to alter it? Well it seemed that this was possible by altering the “.htaccess” file in the root of the application. I added the following line:

	php_flag register_globals 0

And now it is working perfect! Hooray!

Tool : Add string as resource

I found this really nice little to add a string as a resource. You just select a string in the editor, right click to get the context menu and select to add it as a resource. You then get a dialog in which you can specify the key value and the resourcefile the string should be added too.


In most code I produce I use the string resource generator tool. But this little tool is a very nice addition although I prefer the type-safety that the string resource generator provides.

Browsrcamp helps testing your design with Safari

Today I was reading the website statistics with Google Analytics. It shows that about 2,5% of our visits come from Safari. I only tested our design with Internet Explorer and Firefox and it looks great on those browsers.


I remembered a website which could do a page request, render the results in Safari and present it to you as a jpeg. I googled for test safari and the first hit that showed up was Browsrcamp. Really an excellent developer tool if you don’t have access to a mac with osx.

  • Recent Posts
  • Recent Comments
  • Archives
  • Categories
  • Meta